Data: dal 05 maggio 2009 al 05 maggio 2010
Provincia: Reggio Calabria
Fountain New Artistic.
Inaugurated in Piazza Santo Stefano, in the historic center of Varapodio (Reggio Calabria-Italy), the new artistic fountain stone hand-carved decorations and friezes.
Artwork and sculptures made of solid stone (Lazzaro-Reggio Calabria) to fine workmanship (following the same decorative elements of the existing fountain in cast iron), with four fountains worked artistically and surface Martellina hand (base, column, capital and peak) .
Fontana created and built on the project, local stone called "Lazarus or reggina" with materials and decorative friezes custom.
The sculptural work is defined by its special artistic originality in due form and in their distinctive classicism.
Cutting measures in the solid stone reggina, for the construction of the fountain art.
- Standing square recessed in the floor circle of lava rock, complete with friezes and decorations.
- Upper block consists of a solid and four semi-recessed basins in front and side faces of the block well squared, ready to cross, with its siphon cover, complete with friezes and decorations.
- Middle column full of friezes and decorative fountains and four artistically worked, collected in the column. Column rests on a block top and surmounted by a capital always form a square.
- Fontanelle artistically worked and carved in the shape of fish, collected in the front faces of the column.
- Shells and finely carved bas-relief work in high relief on the base and the column of the fountain.
- Lock up or cusp, worked on a block of stone "Lazarus" with disc above.
The architectural design of the fountain stands out for its special artistic originality in due form and in their distinctive classicism.
Location Varapodio, Reggio Calabria, Italy.