Data: dal 29 maggio 2009 al 19 giugno 2009
Indirizzo: Tacheles e.V. Oranienburger Str. 54-56a 10117 Berlin Germany
Call for artists
Art House Tacheles Berlin - Oranienburger Str. 54-56a
“Personally Political – Contemporary Sensation” Exhibition
Photography & Drawing
The Art House Tacheles invites all interested artists to enter our “Personally Political – Contemporary Sensation” Exhibition.
Art House Tacheles is a non-profit artists’ organization focused on the production and presentation of contemporary art and culture to an international audience. Located in the very centre of the German capital, Tacheles is an historically significant institution.
This Exhibition will reflect on the concept “Personally Political – Contemporary Sensation”.
Is the artist’s work Political even if it is Personal?
What is Personal and what is Political?
Aren’t they as well an expression, explanation, and reflection of the contemporary?
Again, what is contemporary? Hasn’t art always been contemporary?
Aren’t we all contemporary, being alive now, in a specific society, culture, epoque and environment?
So… no more words, feel free to submit your work, not with long speeches but with facts!
A large number of artists will be selected by the Art House Tacheles Curators in order to create two big, strong, high quality and powerful exhibitions on the theme.
All selected artists will be presented in one of the two collective shows, as well as in the catalogue, and on the web site.
The exhibition period is scheduled for:
- “Personally Political – Contemporary Sensation” Photography: May 29 through June 19, 2009.
- “Personally Political – Contemporary Sensation” Drawing: June 26 through July 17, 2009.
The Art House Tacheles will provide the following:
-Exhibition venue: a two-floor gallery space in Berlin Mitte, fully staffed during regular opening hours
-A printed exhibition catalogue, including scholarly essays in German and English
-Technical assistance with the hanging of the show,
-Insurance of artworks throughout the entire exhibition period
-Posters and invitation cards
-Promotion of the event
All candidates must submit by e-mail only:
- Up to 3 images of works you intend exhibit. Please submit jpegs res.300 dpi, max. of 1024x768 pixels. Label each image with a number and title (01InitialsTitle.jpg - 10InitialsTitle.jpg).
- An image list in a word document should show the titles, medium, size and price (if you are interested in selling) of each work.
- Each work must be no bigger than (40x40)cm, no frames and without a rigid support.
- A Curriculum Vitae and a short Statement or Poetic of your work.
- Receipt of payment.
We will use part of this material for the catalogue.
Object: “Personally Political – Contemporary Sensation” - Submission
Participants will be notified if their work has been selected for the exhibition on April 22, 2009.
After the notification each artist will send photos and drawings carefully packed.
The Art House Tacheles will not be responsible for work damaged in shipment.
- for all applications: April 15.
- For Notification: April 22
- For selling selected works: May 10 (postmark date)
Application fee: 20 Euro.
Account for application fee:
BLZ: 100 900 00
For transfers from abroad:
IBAN: DE27 1009 0000 7185 6020 22
If selected, no other fees will be collected. However, the gallery will not provide transportation.
Curator: Barbara Fragogna
More information: www.tacheles.de
Oranienburger Str. 54-56a